Thursday, June 7, 2012

Roasted Strawberries




So easy, I am almost embarrassed to tell you that Daniel Boulud taught me to make this dessert- maybe 20 years ago. It is still one of our favorites. And I make it in many variations.
For three people- multiply as needed

1 lb of strawberries (cleaned, cut in half (or quarters of large)
2 pats of sweet butter
1 tablespoon of sugar
Optional: Mint leaves.

Ice cream (strawberry, vanilla, and/or strawberry sorbet)

Before guests arrive prepare strawberries and mix in an oven proof roasting pan with sugar and butter.
Pre heat oven to 350F

Just before serving the main course, place pan in the oven. (It should roast for about half an hour)

Serve warm over ice cream. Add a mint leaf to each dish.

(When I want to be really fancy, earlier in the day I place layers of ice cream and sorbet in glasses and freeze leaving room on top for the hot roasted strawberries.)


No comments:

Post a Comment